Friday, February 15, 2013

Avon Walk for Breast Cancer


I have been training for the 39.3 mile, 2 day, Avon Walk for Breast Cancer. This will be my 2nd year to participate in the walk.  Last year was a very emotional and psychically taxing. I made it through the first 26.2 miles on the first day slowly but surely.  I opted to stay in the tents last year, and won’t be doing that again! After walking 26.2 miles and sleeping in a tent, getting up to walk 13.1 the next day wasn't happening! After about 1 mile the following day I reluctantly called it quits.  I called my dad and had him meet me at the next rest station.  He tried to pick me up on the road, but I wouldn't let him. I sobbed like a baby for about 30 min feeling defeated and like a failure.  One time I tried to get out of his truck and continue but the facts where I just couldn't go on.  This year will be different.  I will finish. I will stay in a comfy hotel with a hot tub.  I will be the top of my game the next day to finish! I know that I must take training seriously to get ready for this grueling walk. I am up to 6 miles so far, and I'm set to clock 12 miles total this weekend.  I will be ready.

I also have a challenge of raising at least $1800 to participate.  As of right now I only need $467 more to reach that goal! I you would like to donate please follow the link below. 

Avon walk for Breast Cancer

No comments:

Post a Comment