Monday, January 28, 2013

Kit Kats and cupcakes don't take away pride.


     OK so, I have hit another little bump in road.  I haven’t worked out in 5 days. I mostly have eaten well except for the Kit-Kat and the cupcake.  Both have good stories, which I will tell you about! When I started on this journey, I knew that I wanted to do it while still living my same social life with different choices.  I wanted to still LIVE! Let’s face it, sometimes that involves a cupcake.
     We had a very busy weekend starting on Friday evening with UIL competition for my son.  Then we had to be back at UIL for the awards ceremony.  He didn't win an award, but we were proud anyway!  That night, we had even more to be proud of; he received his Arrow of Light award.  For those that don’t know, that is the highest award a cub scout can earn.  He has worked for almost 2 years for that award!   At this ceremony, he crossed over to Boy Scouts.  Needless to say it was a big weekend for him.  That night he had gotten a king size Kit-Kat in a goodie bag.  When we got home he sat my husband and me down and thanked us for all of our help.  He gave us his Kit-Kat and told us to split it.  How could I turn down such a generous offering from my baby? So I ate my half.  No guilt involved!
     The next day was my darling nephew’s first birthday.  It was a family and friends extravaganza! Full of veggies, my hubbies healthy cornbread (recipe below), chili, and from scratch red velvet cupcakes with homemade cream cheese icing! It was also full of lots of love! Back to the cupcake… I considered not having one, and then I thought, WHY was I not having one? It was my only nephew’s 1st Birthday.  This was a celebration, and I wanted to celebrate.  Did that cupcake set me back? Probably a little.  Do I feel guilty for eating it? Nope, not even a little. 
     Now the not working out part, that makes me feel bad.  I am getting back on it tomorrow.  Why not today? Well this day is supposed to be a rest day on my calendar, so I will just stick with the calendar and pick up tomorrow. 
     Things happen and life gets in the way, you choose how you deal.   It’s like falling off a horse.  Do you give up, or get back on?  I am getting back on!

Corn Bread
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup cornmeal
1/4 cup honey
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
1/3 cup egg whites
1 Small can of corn

Directions

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease an 8x8 inch baking pan.
In a large bowl, mix flour, cornmeal, honey, soda and salt. Stir in yogurt, corn and eggs. Do not over mix, stir only until well blended. Pour batter into prepared pan.
Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until center of the bread springs back when gently pressed.


"We lose our way, We get back up again
It's never too late to get back up again, One day you will shine again,
You may be knocked down, But not out forever,
Lose our way, We get back up again,
So get up, get up, You gonna shine again,
Never too late to get back up again, You may be knocked down,
But not out forever  (May be knocked down but not out forever)" - Toby Mac



No comments:

Post a Comment