Thursday, January 3, 2013

A day with friends


I got up this morning and enjoyed a couple cups of coffee, ALONE! For some reason the kids slept in! I also was able to work out in peace and I appreciated that. I was extremely sore from my previous work out, so today I was a little shaky, but  I pushed through and felt outstanding by the end.  I lifted pretty heavy which that made me hungry ALL day! My eating could have been better, but I did OK considering I was running the roads all day.  It would have helped a lot had I planned a little better and packed some snacks. 


Today was full of visits with friends.  The kiddos and I went back to visit a friend by our old house and her children, she recently lost a bunch of weight and I very proud of her.  She has a large family who is trying to eat well, even though making them happy is difficult at times. She has done a great job!  I am super inspired by her. Next, we went to my home town to visit "the girls". Our kids had so much fun playing. I'm not sure who had more fun, the children or the adults. :-) At this evening gathering we had several snacks which included veggies and hummus.  We also had some guac and chicken salad that were delish!  One of the girls made a cake that looked so good I went for the cake instead of a mini cupcake.  (recipe below)
                                  
Tomorrow is cardio day.  I really don't enjoy cardio day at all.  However, I will push through and get the work done.  My goal is to eat on more of a schedule so when I go back to work it will be easier for me, because by then it should be habit. A schedule is what really helps keep me on track.

Snowball cake:
 
1 angle food cake
1 package of frozen strawberries
family size sugar free jello 
1 package of coconut
1 large tub of cool whip free

1. prepare jello using 3 cups of boiling water
2. add frozen strawberries and mix well
3. remove crust off the cake
4. break cake into chunks and put in liquid
5. fold in half of the cool whip
6. chill
7. top with remaining cool whip 

"What would you do if I sang out of tune, Would you stand up and walk out on me.
Lend me your ears and I'll sing you a song, And I'll try not to sing out of key.
Oh I get by with a little help from my friends" John Lennon and Paul McCartney

No comments:

Post a Comment