Wednesday, January 9, 2013

The Balance


Well the past couple of days have been a little stressful to say the least.  The kids and I went back to school. Let me just say, it was way easier to eat right and work out when there was really nothing else to do. Planning has been the most important aspect of my journey so far.  I took plenty of snacks to work for the week, and have been very successful with packing my lunches also.  I really prefer to work out first thing in the morning. However, I have to be at work at 7 AM, so I would have to get up at about 5.  Anyone who knows me knows that 5 in the morning is too early.  So I have been getting it done after school, before The Hubs gets home.  That has been working really well.

       I have been super emotional and on edge the past couple of days.  I had a feeling that my body was going through some sort of withdrawal from all the processed junk I had been eating. I did some research, and turns out I was right.  I had been eating pretty much whatever I wanted.  When I cleaned up my diet and lowered my sugar, carb, caloric, and removed almost all processed foods, my body said WHAT!!??  It's been over a week now and I have leveled out. If you ever go through this, please, don't give up!  It is so worth it to get all that junk out of your system!

    Today the weather was so horrible, storming and gray all day.  When this weather sets in all I want to do is cuddle on the couch with my kiddos.  The last thing I wanted to do was sweat! When I got home I immediately put on my workout clothes.  I just had to make the choice to DO IT.  When I finished, I realized I had really pushed myself, and felt much better. I think Nike may be onto something with that whole "Just Do IT" thing!

This is what I made for dinner tonight... it was a HIT!




Broccoli Chicken Rice "casserole"

3 boneless chicken breast cut into about 1 inch chunks
Bag of fresh broccoli and cauliflower
1 cup of brown rice (uncooked)
1/2 cup shredded cheese

1. Cook rice seasoned with garlic powder

2. Sauté chicken on med until cooked through. (I used a little bit of celery salt and pepper)

3. Steam broccoli and cauliflower

4. Mix all together.  You could put in a casserole dish and top with cheese.  I just mixed it in a big skillet and topped with cheese.
5. Enjoy!

This makes enough to feed 4 with 2 lunches for tomorrow.

"Just open your eyes, And realize, the way it's always been.
Just open your mind And you will find
The way it's always been.
Just open your heart
And that's a start."-  Moody Blues 

1 comment:

  1. That actually looks pretty good!
    Sorry the last few days have been rough, but good on you that they're looking up.
    I know that going online and seeing that Miss Jaymi has posted another one gives my day a little highlight, heehee!

    Wishing you a merry acclimation to your new schedule!,

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete