Sunday, January 6, 2013

Biggest Loser

        I flipped on the TV ready to watch the biggest loser! With in the first 5 min tears where streaming down my face.  The children or "ambassadors to obesity" reminded me of my childhood.  Struggling with my weight my entire life has been an emotional roller coaster.  Thank GOD for dance, otherwise I may have been in a way worse situation.  However, as a child I was always the biggest girl in the class, and by big I don't mean I was tall!  I wore a junior size 3 in the 3rd. grade. By 6th grade i was wearing a 13. Somewhere in high school I got up to a 16/18.  High school was when my chronic dieting began, and during my sophomore year I got down to a 10.  I haven't been smaller than that since.

        Hearing those kids talk about how they feel, tugs at my heart.  Feeling like the only thing people are looking at is their size.  Wanting to just be kids.  It is a feeling I never want my own children to feel.  The next time my 5 year old daughter tells me she wants to run, even though I am not a runner, I will put on my running shoes, and go with her.  My son wants to play soccer, and next season, he will.  From now on this isn't just my journey.  It's a family affair. 

I love the Biggest Loser and ecstatic that Jillian is back!  

"I believe the children are our future, Teach them well and let them lead the way
Show them all the beauty they possess inside,  Give them a sense of pride to make it easier
Let the children's laughter remind us how we used to be"- Whitney Houston

2 comments:

  1. Great post and quote!!! It makes me think of a special someone and dance that we both know! I am so proud of you friendy since 3rd grade!!!!! I ❤U!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have struggled with weight my entire life, too. I think that's why I can't watch The Biggest Loser. It just hits too close to home. You are doing the right thing by getting your kids involved at a young age. It will help them...and you!

    ReplyDelete